I’m a firm believer that Skincare is a form of self care; and what better reason do you need for some extra self care than Valentine's Day?!!
Regardless of whether or not you have someone special in your life (romantically) —you have YOU! And it's always important to be in love with you, and to LOVE the skin you're in! 💝
Continue reading for some simple ways you can incorporate a little extra self love, self care, and skin care into your routine this weekend!
1. Book yourself a facial as an act of self love! When we look our best, we feel our best! Whether you're single or in a relationship, your skin should have a HEALTHY glow that shows the world you love yourself and your skin!
2. Exfoliate your body! Shed those dead skin cells with a dry brush & body scrub, followed by your favorite body butter or body oil. We should exfoliate weekly, but use this weekend of self love to put a little extra TLC into your full body routine.
3. Splurge on the pedi! This month, splurge on that deluxe pedi and give your heels and toes some love. Pick a fun color you don't normally wear. This small pick me upper, will surely put you in an upbeat mood!
4. Exfoliate your lips! There's nothing worse than putting on your favorite lipstick and notice your lips are chapped and dry. Invest in a great lip scrub, a soft toothbrush, and an overnight lip mask to give yourself a soft supple lip.
5. Treat yourself to a glass of your favorite wine or champagne, along with a healthy but satisfying meal from your favorite restaurant. Put down your phone and enjoy the atmosphere! Smile at a stranger.
6. Write a love letter to yourself! Remind yourself what makes you uniquely you. Is there something from your past you need to forgive yourself for? Write it down and let it go!
7. Watch your favorite movie or tv show! Sometimes, we need a good laugh or cry to feel human again. Take sometime for yourself and indulge in that movie or tv show that bring out those feel good emotions and puts you in your happy space.
Remember you are the star of your movie! Before you can love anyone else, you have to love on yourself and show up as your higher self everyday. If you are in need of a reset, use this weekend to pour back into yourself!